Tuesday, May 13, 2008

JavaScript: Fill in fields from given data

Fill in input elements






I'm not happy with this code. I think it's much more verbose than it needs to be. More important though it's not flexible enough. And maybe most important, it doesn't allow you to undo its actions. I'm writing this with a view to make it easier to input data into WebCT. Not surprisingly, the current greasemonkey scripts aimed at sprucing up WebCT seem to be aimed at making life more pleasant just for students.

//I wish Blogger was a little smarter about '<' in javascript URLs -- or do some browsers barf on this as well?

//I'll have to look at this some more later: http://www.quirksmode.org/

//And don't worry -- I've also been thinking about the Ising and Potts models. I'm just about to check out Grimmett's book and will pursue an idea on how to generate Ising-distributed variates in a bit. However, I cannot believe that others would've missed this method before so I suspect I've missed something. I will certainly learn something from the attempt, however. I'm looking at Besag's papers for some details on pseudo-likelihood. From the other students, I learned it's covered in 601 so I will glance at Kaiser's notes for that.

Our code seems to be spinning along nicely. I've started a second run on real data and will do some quick runs on all the remaining real data sets tonight.

No comments: