Sunday, August 14, 2022

Cochrane Collaboration and Campbell Collaboration

I'm enjoying reading Tim Harford's book The Data Detective. (Looking at that link for it, I'm amused to see a blurb from Malcolm Gladwell on the cover; if I didn't already know Harford, I would consider this a negative endorsement.) Harford mentions two groups I'd like to keep in mind, both of which aim to do systemic reviews of the literature:
  • Cochrane: "Cochrane is for anyone interested in using high-quality information to make health decisions... We are an independent, diverse, global organization that collaborates to produce trusted synthesized evidence, make it accessible to all, and advocate for its use."
  • Campbell Collaboration: "The Campbell Collaboration is an international social science research network that produces high quality, open and policy-relevant evidence syntheses, plain language summaries and policy briefs."
What other groups are there like these, doing systematic reviews to try to produce consensus docs? (I know it's pretty common to see survey articles in journals.)

No comments: